tell me more
- What Does Pilates Mean to You?
- Before attending my first class I believed Pilates was basically stretching limbs and muscles to relieve tightness and get a nice toned body. Since starting my views have changed greatly. I think of Pilates as my prescription for a healthy properly functioning body and mind.
- What is your favourite form of Pilates workout?
- I have no favourites as each system serves a purpose for me. I started on the system class, took some private sessions and then went on to try some mat classes. The tower helped me find the connections in my body which I took to get the most of my mat workouts. The reformer helped me explore and commit to movements as I had to guide me. The barrel and chair helped me find the more subtle connections I needed for the reformer and mat workouts.
- How do your fit Pilates into your routine?
- I am in the fortunate position where I can try to fit training around my working day. I currently aim to attend one system and one mat class a week and fit private practise in where I can.
- How have you benefited from doing Pilates?
- I started classes at Everybody Pilates after trying for seven months to find remedy for an injured back. My back is now healing nicely, I have developed a stronger core which helps support my back and has corrected the hyperextension. The most significant benefit in my opinion is that I am aware of my body, how it moves and how it should move. This feeds into everyday life especially in my Crossfit life and I can say I am safe and injury free as a result. This is why I decided to pursue a career in Pilates.