tell me more
- What Does Pilates Mean to You?
- Pilates is the only formal exercise I need. It keeps me fit and I feel stronger than I did in my 20s! It helps me balance my body and keeps me injury free.
- What is your favourite form of Pilates workout?
- I love the reformer for a long session or the wunda chair for a quick fix. I love the feedback and the resistance you get from the equipment which is so much harder to find on the mat.
- How do your fit Pilates into your routine?
- I workout formally once or twice a week and do mini-sessions for whatever needs attention in between. The beauty of Pilates is that it fits into your daily life. You don't need to get on a mat or a bit of equipment, you find the connections and make yourself strong in your everyday life - that's what makes the changes stick.
- How have you benefited from doing Pilates?
- I was a personal trainer before I found Pilates. I was are regular gym goer but found I was getting increasing niggles and twinges in my neck and shoulders and running began to hurt my back and knees. Pilates made me much stronger than I ever and now I don't have the pain and tension headaches that accompanied the gym and daily life.